This is the first day of our Cruise in Nile River from Aswan to Luxor (going north in the Nile River) of 4 days and 3 nights for a price of 200 euros.
If you get the tour by the link below you help us to continue Flying With Flow!
And there is a similar cruise but from Luxor to Aswan (going south in the Nile River) with one more night, as 5 days and 4 nights for 250 euros.
THE CRUISE IN NILE RIVER ROUTE
- Day 1 – Aswan.
- Day 2 – Aswan, Kom Ombo and Edfu.
- Day 3 – Edfu, Esna and Luxor.
- Day 4 – Luxor
WHAT TO SEE. MAIN VISITS OF CRUISE IN NILE RIVER
- Temple of Luxor,
- Temple of Karnak,
- Valley of the Kings,
- Temple of Hatsepsut,
- Colossi of Memnon,
- Temple of Edfu,
- Temple of Philae and
- Temple of Kom Ombo
Included into the price
- Pick up at the airport or hotel in Luxor.
- 4 nights cruise with full board.
- All the visits indicated in the itinerary.
- All entries to the places visited.
- Official guide of Spanish speaking.
- Transfer to the airport or hotel in Aswan.
- Discount of up to 3% on the official price.
Not included into the price
- Tips (€ 25 per person).
10.00am – Pick up at the hotel
As included in the price we got a pick up in our hotel by a van, which bring us to the cruise. Once in the cruise the room was not ready so we left our luggages in fronst desk and go to Phila Temple.
10.30am – Philae Temple
– Aswan is a city located in south Egypt next to the border with Sudan.
– The nearby construction of the High Aswan Dam in 1970 make the island of Philae to be submerged and with the help of UNESCO, the temples were moved rock by rock to an island nearby called Agilika.
– Isis Temple is the most famous temple of Philae, where the ancient Egyptians worshiped Isis, Osiris and Horus.
– The temple was started to be built on 370BC by Ptolemy II and it was completed by the Roman Emperors.
– Pilak in ancient Egyptian or Philae in Greek means “the end”, as it was defining the southern most limit of Egypt.
– Currency is Egyptian Pound (EGP) which is 1EGP=0,05EUR
To arrive Philae Temple we got a little boat.
The entrance of Philae Temple.
The hieroglyphics. It is amazing to thing that is over there, since thousands of years…
Playing with the lights and amazed with everything…
On the way back to the cruise we stopped in a shop and I have found curious this tag with the alphabet.
2.30pm – Check in at the Cruise
After visiting Philae Temple we didi the check in at the cruise and we got our rooms.
This is not a view to the Nile River, it is directly to wake up in the Nile River!
3.00pm – Faluca Tour
As part of the activities of the cruise we had a little tour in a typical boat called Faluca.
Inside the faluca there was some guys playing music and singing, very funny!
4.15pm – Nubian Village and Camel Ride
This activity was NOT included into the cruise so we decided to do it as we wanted to have a camel ride and see a nubian village. The price of the activity was around 30/35 euros.
FLYWITHFLOW CHALLENGE! CAMEL DENTIST
We are riding the camels around the Nubian Village.
4.45pm – Nubian village
We arrived by camel to the Nubian Village just in time for the sunset.
And we had some time to learn the letters and numbers in nubian language and also in arabic. Back to school!
With the teacher.
FLYWITHFLOW CHALLENGE! ARABIC NUMBERS
The nubian village is disposed as a long street which is full of shops and vendors.
To end the day we staopped in a typical nubian house to have a tea and some nubian candies. And also a henna tattoo!
I have a looong story with this henna tattoo, one day I will tell you…
FLYWITHFLOW CHALLENGE! EGYPT CROCODILES
Back in Aswan we went to spices shop for a demonstration and learning.
7.30pm – Arabic party in the cruise
Well, it actually was the arabic party in the cruise next to our cruise, but anyway we got there and dress up!