DAY 10 – IPOH TEMPLES AND HELIPORT BAR IN KUALA LUMPUR – MALAYSIA
TEMPLES OF IPOH – VIDEO
WHAT TO SEE IN IPOH. THE ROUTE
- Ling Seng Tong Temple
- Nam Thean Tong Temple
- Sam Poh Tong Temple
- Kallumalai Murugan Temple
ADVICES AND INFORMATION
– Visit the varied temples of Ipoh as Kallumalai Murugan Temple, Sam Poh Tong Temple, Nam Thean Tong Temple and Ling Seng Tong Temple.
– Ipoh is a great city to be based in order to visit Cameron Highlands.
– Find the less tourists places to get the most real experience, and the bestt prices!
– Ipoh is the capital of the state of Perak and is well known for its great cuisine.
– Located 200km north of Kuala Lumpur it has a population of around 700.000 people.
– The varied gastronomy is due because of the large Chinese population and we can also find Malay and Indian.
– There are several food markets as Ipoh Garden, Woolleys, Gerai Makan Hoi Teen and Dai San Yen.
Ling Seng Tong Temple
Nam Thean Tong Temple
THE FLYWITHFLOW CHALLENGE
While exploring this temple we have seen a tradicional dance and…we joined it!
Dancing Asia Style !!
Laughing of yourself is best way to get success.
Check out those movements and hallucinate with my skills !! ?
When you are walking around Malaysia…
And you decide to join the party!
I have to say super difficult!
Hope you like the music.
Would you dare to dance like this?
Get an Asian dance and send us the video!
We want the FlyWithFlow Dance Group!
And you can be part of it!
Sam Poh Tong Temple
We got here by chance, as the main temple facade is outside but you have to walk through a small cave corridor and then you show up here, an open air cave, which keeps this wonderful Chinese Buddhist Temple
Inside the cave.
Kallumalai Murugan Temple
TRAIN FROM IPOH TO KUALA LUMPUR
ARRIVAL TO KUALA LUMPUR
«Accomodation» in The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel (Kuala Lumpur) for a total price of 101.7MYR (around 44 euros) for 2 nights and 3 people. (which means around 7.3 euros per person per night)
Managed by Hostelworld: www.spanish.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/The-Explorers-Guesthouse-and-Hostel/Kuala-Lumpur/43958#propname
6.00pm – Walking around Kuala Lumpur
We went around the KLCC Park
And then to have a drink in one of most spectacular places of Kuala Lumpur, an old heliport converted into a rooftopt bar!
HELIPORT ROOFTOP – VIDEO
Heliport+Sunset+Beers. And the most important thing, best friends ♥️
– Sunset is the best moment to enjoy some beers with your friends in this heliport!
– You need to purchase drinks to be allowed to get the heliport area.
– During the Happy Hour (from 5pm to 9 pm) a bucket with 5 beers was 90MYR, the cocktails are 30MYR, the spirits between 25 and 32 MYR, they also have wines and juices for around 30MYR.
– Without the Happy Hour, each drink is around 5MYR more.
– Impotant: After 9pm there is dress code so you need to be kinda elegant (no shorts and flipflops)
– «Terima Kahsi» means «Thank you», the best word in world.
– Best way to move around Kuala Lumpur is metro and Uber.
– And better than Uber is «Grab», a similar app more used in the area.
– Heli Lounge Bar is located in Menara KH tower and is composed by two areas, the restaurant bar in the 34th floor and the heliport
– The heliport is located 200m high and has amazing panoramic views 360 degrees. It is in normal use during the day!
– The restaurant bar has an aircraft thematic with parts of a Boeing 737 and 747.
Floor 34. The inside bar.
Views from the inside bar.
The heliport rooftop! Wow!
Beer tastes better over here!
Sunset is amazing from here!
8.30pm – Dinner at Brix Union
This is the place where the pub crawl starts, as we arrived earlier we decided to have dinner here
THE PUB CRAWL IN KUALA LUMPUR
9.30pm – Pub crawl starts!
Changkat Bukit Bintang is a street full of bars and clubs, one of best areas of Kuala Lumpur!
- Brix Union
- Rabbit Hole
- The Ceylon Bar
- Rock Bottom
Information about the pub crawl.
After a drink in the Brix Union we moved forward to the next place called «Follow the Rabbit»
The Rabbit Hole.
The Ceylon Bar.
When the pubcrawl was done we decided to get couple of beers in a 7/11.
And then we met some nice guys from Malaysia and we party with them, so cool!