THE MAGIC OF GEORGETOWN – VIDEO
MyFav MultiEverything. MultiCultural city, MultiColourful streets, MultiTasty gastronomy and MultiFun everywhere! Georgetown, Penang! Included into my favorites during the Malaysia Trip!
WHAT TO SEE IN GEORGETOWN, PENANG. THE WALKING ROUTE
- Tipsy Tiger Party Hostel
- Kapitan Keling Mosque
- Kapitan Restaurant
- Penang Street Art
- CF Food Court
- Clan Jetties Of Penang
- Fort Cornwallis
- George’s Anglican Church
- Tipsy Tiger Party Hostel
«Accomodation» in Tipsy Tiger Party Hostel (Penang) for a total price of 120MYR (around 24 euros) for 1 night and 3 people. (which means around 8 euros per person per night)
We have a 9 people share room.
Managed by Hostelworld: www.spanish.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Tipsy-Tiger-Party-Hostel/Penang/265371#propname
Kapitan Keling Mosque
Penang Street Art
The street art in Georgetown is worldwide well known. Organized by an initiative on the Georgetown Festival 2012, most of the pieces are from a Lithuanian artist, Ernest Zacharevic, providing a cultural and interesting way to discover the streets. You should hurry up because soon may dissapear!
– Street art is very interesting here, find a map with all the street art locations and play the game to find them throughout the city.
– Some interesting places to visit are Little India, Chinatown, floating market Chew Jetties, Forth Cornwallis, historic buildings, and temples especially Kek Lok Si Temple.
– Try the varied gastronomy as Indian, and Chinese for example, the prices are súper affordable.
– Georgetown is the capital city from an island located northwest Malaysia called Penang.
– Well preserved heritage buildings and multiracial population make Georgetown a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
– It is considered the food capital of Malaysia, varied mix of international gastronomy.
– Georgetown was named after King George III of Great Britain, as Malaysia was under British control.
More amazing street art!
CF Food Court
Before having lunch we withdrawed some ringgits
Clan Jetties Of Penang
No pictures of the fort as we decided to dont get inside as there is a little fee entrance but we didnt have so much time! Here some pictures of the surroundings.
George’s Anglican Church
And our tickets from the hostel to the bus station as we are goingthe next day to Ipoh!
The bus tickets for next day from Georgetown to Ipoh, we managed it directly at the hostel.
After all the walking route we were tired. Best solution? Beer and no shoes!
The Tipsy Tiger Hostel organizes every night party in the lobby! So many good people and so much fun!
We got hungry and we dinner something quick on the street. Burger!