Located in the central highlands of southern Vietnam, surrounded by hills, forests, lakes and waterfalls, is Da Lat, an interesting tourist enclave for its continuous temperate climate and for its very interesting surroundings ♥ ️
Da Lat for a week, has been one of my places, as unexpected as favorites. It is not on the route of all travelers, but it is truly worth a visit🤩
INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF DA LAT
* Quán Nem Nướng Cô Thu – Delicious BunCha, I went more than 5 times.
* Lien Hoa Bakery – Varied food of every type and lots of bakery.
* Tiệm Bánh Cối Xay Gió – Incredible BanhMi, one of most famous of the city.
* Mr. Peace Backpackers, great atmosphere with travelers.
* Dalat Family Hostel, highly recommended place.
* Oyo 707 Dalater Hotel, great location and good price.
* Tuan Vu Homestay, good price and Doraemon decoration!
BEST THINGS TO SEE AND DO IN DA LAT
- Walk through its small and narrow streets in the center
- Night Market, every night have dinner and buy
- Maze Bar, a curious multi-story labyrinth-shaped bar, you get lost inside!
- Crazy House, a house designed with all kinds of shapes and colors
- Linh Son Pagoda, beautiful Buddhist temple
- Domaine de Maria, beautiful pink church
- Xuan Huong Lake and its surroundings
THE CITY CENTRE
The city center is very well kept, with its streets full of flowers. The Eiffel Tower? Almost! It is the Da Lat communications tower, which is very similar and honors the acclaimed Parisian tower.
Da Lat is great to lose yourself in its streets…and find the true essence of the city.
The street market is located surrounding this roundabout and its full of life at night.
In the night market you can find all kinds of objects and also a wide variety of food.
The city is full of lights and charming at night.
One of the most curious places in Da Lat along with «Crazy House» is without a doubt the Maze Bar. This place is a multi-storey building that houses a labyrinth inside where you can get disoriented.
On the different floors there are several spaces where you can sit down to have a beer or some other drink. To get inside you pay to pay for one drink, but its totally worth it!
In the upper floor there is a big space full of tables and chairs as well as a big terrace with views.
Its name is perfect because this place is truly insane. The design is based on a giant tree incorporating a multitude of elements as eccentric as they are varied, such as mushrooms, caves, sharks, spiders, passageways and more. The entrance is around 2.3 euros.
There are corridors and stairs that take you up and down the building.
My definition of this place is something like: «If Walt Disney and Salvador Dali would have designed a house, this would be the result»
It is interesting to go through all the spaces with the curiosity to see what you will find next.
In the elevated places you can also enjoy panoramic views of the city of Da Lat.
DOMAINE DE MARIA
Small and nice church curious because of its pink color.
XUAN HUONG LAKE
One of the most popular places of the city where people come to spend the free time.
There are some cafes with surprising architecture and underneath its located a big mall.
BEST THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND DA LAT
- Elephant Falls, impressive waterfall
- Linh An Pagoda, next to Elephant, visit the garden
- Datanla Waterfall, touristy but spectacular
- Clay Tunnel, very curious place to visit
- Prenn Waterfall, near Datanla
- Pongour Waterfall, somewhat remote but huge
To get here you need to rent a motorcycle and drive or get a tour. The waterfall is beautifull especially when is with lots of water and the environment is charming.
LINH AN PAGODA
Next to the Elephant Falls its located this wonderful pagoda where you can find a very tall statue and also this nice buddha statue.
The pago has some lovely gardens to walk around and lose yourself. Very interesting place.
This is a very popular place so you can find it crowded in the high season. The place is very well done with stairs and also a bar in front of the waterfall. There is also a small rollercoaster.